Lorna Windsor performs classical and also much music contemporary music, including works specifically composed for her, in the following combos :
- Duo Lorna Windsor /Elena Casoli voice and guitar
- Lorna Windsor and the Trio Brahms, Trio Matisse, Trio des Alpes, Quartetto di Cremona
- Lorna Windsor, Alessandro Carbonare, Giovanni Battista Rigon, (voice, clarinet, piano)
- Lorna Windsor and Mario Brunello, voice and cello
- Lorna Windsor and Duccio Ceccanti, voice and violin
- Lorna Windsor and Ars Ludi, voice and percussion quartet
- Lorna Windsor and Philip Corner, voice, gongs and gamelans
- Lorna Windsor and Divertimento Ensemble/Contempoart ensemble/Freon ensemble/etc
Lorna Windsor gives many concerts of the recital song repertoire (vocal chamber music). In the case of eighteenth century Lieder, she has performed on frequent occasions with fortepianos made by Stein, Graf, Slepitza, Walter, and more, accompanied by pianists who are renowned for their dedication to such instruments, such as Jörg Demus and Temenuschka Vesselinova. Her Lieder and song repertoire is vast and comprehensive.
Amongst her most significant programmes are :
- Beethoven Lieder with piano and with trio
- Schubert Lieder
- Lieder song cycles by Schumann (Robert and Clara), Brahms, Wolf, Mahler, Korngold, Strauss,Schoenberg, the Paul Hindemith cycle on poetry by Rilke ‘Das Marienleben’, Weill.
- Mélodies by Gounod, Fauré, Debussy, Satie, Poulenc, Offenbach, Ravel, Hahn, Boulanger (Nadia and Lili), Messaien, Duparc, Campo and others.
- Italian nineteenth century arie da camera (also the settings by Azio Corghi of Donizetti and Rossini songs with chamber orchestra), Respighi, Ghedini, Pizzetti, Casella, Zandonai, Tosti,Togni, and others.
- Naturally, English and American song, including works by Foster, Sullivan,Elgar, Vaughan Williams, Britten, Ives, Barber, Bolcom, Berstein, Copland, and many others.
An alternative form of song, the ‘popular’ (pop), cabaret, ‘café-concert’, folk, idiomatic styles are a great passion and an important part of Lorna Windsor’s chosen repertoire. Hence with varying forms of instrumental arrangements and groups, often with narrative, and programmes such as the following :
Songs by Bertolt Brecht and Kurt Weill (performed with the Freonensemble/Radio Rai 3). ‘L’Heure Bleue ‘ songs by Schoenberg, Hollander, Weill, Trenet, Poulenc, Piaf, Monnot, Gainsburg, Brel. ‘El Mito del Tango’ narrative by Borges, songs Gardel, Piazzolla, (with A.Haber, Modern Bachianas 4tet). ‘Todo cambia’ songs from Argentina, Brasil, Venezuela, etc, (with A.Nidi/Modern Bachianas 4tet)
‘Crossover’ or alternating genres in the same evening is a feature of the style of the Windsor – Ballista duo, for instance in ‘Trans – Notes’, a panorama of classical music revamped as well known pop themes today. This is style they adopt in several of their programmes, such as ‘I almost killed myself’ and others: humour and irony in both text and music.